[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35832: Paste action in text field/area context menu in theme customizer leaves Save&Publish button disabled (Firefox)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Feb 14 19:56:11 UTC 2016

#35832: Paste action in text field/area context menu in theme customizer leaves
Save&Publish button disabled (Firefox)
--------------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  xkr47                           |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                    |     Status:  new
Component:  Customize                       |    Version:  4.4.2
 Severity:  normal                          |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  ui, javascript, administration  |
--------------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Twenty Sixteen theme. No plugins activated.

 If I go to `Appearance -> Customize -> Site Identity` and then right-click
 in the "Site Title" field and select `Paste` from the menu (having some
 text on the clipboard), the `Save` button remains greyed out and cannot be
 clicked. If I click it anyway, nothing happens and my changes aren't
 saved.

 Ironically, only if I click anywhere ''outside'' both the `Site Title` and
 the `Save` button, the button suddenly updates and now shows "Save &
 Publish" and performs the expected operation when clicked.

 This occurs with Firefox 40+ on both Windows and Linux platforms. It
 occurs both with singleline text fields and multiline text areas. It
 occurs with other themes too.