[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35758: Reading Settings fallback option when none is selected at Front page displays

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Feb 5 20:26:26 UTC 2016

#35758: Reading Settings fallback option when none is selected at Front page
displays
 Reporter:  Cybr          |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  General       |    Version:  4.4.1
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 Hi,

 I found a bug that makes the home page think it's a page. (I didn't look
 at the WP_Query variables.)

 Here are the steps to replicate the issue:

 1. Go to /wp-admin/options-reading.php
 2. Delete the selected option at "Front page displays" through Developer
 Tools/Web Inspector.
 3. Save settings.
 4. Now no setting is selected.

 The home page is a Posts Page but WP_Query doesn't recognize it as one,
 nor as a front page at all.

 This causes all kinds of issues when plugins/themes rely on
 is_front_page().

 Thanks!