[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35698: Distinguish between regular (site) options and network options in `sanitize_option()`

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Feb 2 21:09:17 UTC 2016

#35698: Distinguish between regular (site) options and network options in
`sanitize_option()`
 Reporter:  flixos90     |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
Changes (by jeremyfelt):

 * milestone:  Awaiting Review => Future Release

Comment:

 +1, also related: #35379, which overlaps with this ticket quite a bit.

 Replying to [comment:1 flixos90]:
 > For backwards compatibility reasons I kept the regular filter in
 `sanitize_option()` active for a network setting as well. Although I would
 prefer to only run it if `$scope` is `site`, I'm not sure we can do that
 without breaking something. Maybe we could deprecate the filter if a
 network option is sanitized although I don't think I have ever seen
 deprecated filters before...

 Yeah, we'll need to leave the site filter there. If anyone is filtering
 that, hopefully they're also being smart about whether the option is site
 or network in scope.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/35698#comment:2>