[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #36188: After WordPress installation, the default category archive page is showing a 404 page

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Dec 15 18:57:24 UTC 2016

#36188: After WordPress installation, the default category archive page is showing
a 404 page
-----------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  strategio              |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)           |      Status:  new

Comment (by seancjones):

 @dlh I just tested this again on VVV. At first I thought you were right,
 because I was editing and local.wordpress-develop.dev was not updating the
 categories. Then, I realized I was in the wrong location. I ran again,
 under src.wordpress-develop.dev, and it uploaded fine. I also checked
 did_action('init') in upgrade.php prior to my patched line of "do_action(
 'init' )" and it returned 0.

 Can you tell me what OS you're using? What version of WordPress? I want to
 get to the point where I'm replicating what you're seeing (or vice versa
 :) ). That said, I definitely see your point in all this. It makes a lot
 of sense to do it manually. However, my concern is that a manual addition
 of those lines, while it would certainly work well, would violate DRY. Any
 time a new permastruct were added in the future, it would be highly likely
 to introduce the same bug without an additional few lines of code to cover
 it. If we went that route, it would probably make sense to build a
 function that goes through almost the same process as the
 extra_permastructs.

 One note is that the action, when it happens within install, will only be
 affected by WordPress hooks on init, of which there are few. Plugins, mu-
 plugins, and themes are not loaded on the install script.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/36188#comment:16>