[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #38962: REST API: Don't delete posts/links when deleting/removing a user from a site in a multisite install

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Dec 1 04:06:20 UTC 2016

#38962: REST API: Don't delete posts/links when deleting/removing a user from a
site in a multisite install
 Reporter:  ocean90                              |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  new
  dev-feedback                                   |
Changes (by jeremyfelt):

 * keywords:  needs-patch needs-unit-tests => has-patch has-unit-tests
     commit dev-feedback

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:13 jnylen0]:
 > As discussed in Slack ([https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/core-
 restapi/p1480546859002876 some more]) 0 has special meaning for a post
 author.

 > Is `reassign=0` a valid operation? If so, we should support `null` as a
 special value rather than using `-1`. This will require removing the
 `integer` type and adding a custom `sanitize_callback` - see #38971 for a
 similar example.

 I think this is the right move. I've opened #39000 as a new ticket as I
 think this decision is separate from the one to disable the `DELETE`
 method in multisite.

 I'm going to submit [attachment:38962.2.diff] as read for commit, this
 needs review.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/38962#comment:14>