[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #31746: get_blogs_of_user() can be very slow when a user is a member of thousands of sites

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Apr 27 13:25:18 UTC 2016

#31746: get_blogs_of_user() can be very slow when a user is a member of thousands
of sites
 Reporter:  jtsternberg   |       Owner:  johnbillion
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  reviewing

Comment (by jtsternberg):

 I guess I'm biased, but I really wish we would push the patch through.
 It's A) helping with performance by bringing those queries down to '''1'''
 per page load, and B) provides a filter whereby we can do alternate
 performance feasibility testing (new table, caching, etc). The patch
 provides an instant performance improvement on systems where users are
 part of many blogs, and provides an 'off' switch on systems where a users
 belong to too many sites for it to be a useable UI.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/31746#comment:22>