[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #36646: Tests failing with MySQL versions greater than 5.6.17, possibility to do with transactions?

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Apr 23 00:04:54 UTC 2016

#36646: Tests failing with MySQL versions greater than 5.6.17, possibility to do
with transactions?
------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  cookiesowns       |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)      |     Status:  new
Component:  Build/Test Tools  |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal            |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                    |
 It appears that our test-suite leveraging WP_UnitTest cases are failing
 when MySQL is upgraded to a version greater than 5.6.17.

 It's known to be failing on 5.7.11, as well as 5.6.2X. After some
 debugging it seems that this has to do with transactions not properly
 being handled, so if we interface with the database using WPDB manually,
 data remains from a previous test, thus breaking our test-suite.

 I'm not sure how exactly to debug this, but will to help reproduce and
 resolve this issue.

 All of the WP_UnitTest libraries are fully up to date from trunk.