[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #22237: Add keyboard shortcuts for collapse/expand, panel-back, and close to the Customizer

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Apr 21 22:06:06 UTC 2016

#22237: Add keyboard shortcuts for collapse/expand, panel-back, and close to the
Customizer
 Reporter:  designsimply             |       Owner:  westonruter
     Type:  enhancement              |      Status:  reviewing
  patch commit                       |  javascript
Changes (by celloexpressions):

 * keywords:  good-first-bug has-patch => good-first-bug has-patch commit
 * owner:  celloexpressions => westonruter
 * status:  assigned => reviewing

Comment:

 I realized that we should `preventDefault` when we do close out of a
 section of a panel, but not otherwise. If, for example, `esc` is a
 shortcut to exit a full screen mode for a browser or something like that,
 this would prevent that from happening when it triggers section collapses
 but not when you're at the top level. That's probably the best way to
 account for anything browsers or devices might be doing with `esc`,
 allowing that action to occur one all levels of ours are complete.

 I think [attachment:22237.1.diff] is ready to commit.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/22237#comment:45>