[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #22080: add_theme_support should merge post-thumbnail post types by default (currently stomps)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Apr 18 11:57:05 UTC 2016

#22080: add_theme_support should merge post-thumbnail post types by default
(currently stomps)
-------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  alexkingorg              |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement              |      Status:  new

Comment (by flixos90):

 Adding the post types to a possibly existing array in `$_wp_theme_features
 ['post-thumbnails']` makes sense in my opinion as well (similar like it
 happens for the `html5` theme support feature). I think implementing this
 would be sufficient for a first iteration.

 To me, the enhancement of `remove_theme_support()` is a different (more
 global) topic as we currently do not allow any specific details of a
 feature to be removed - only the complete feature. So I don't think we
 should change this here, rather create a different ticket for this if it
 is desirable.

 @jmichaelward:
 > I just came across this issue today, so I don't have a proposed
 resolution just yet, but I do think we can improve upon the previously
 solutions that have been proposed. I'll plan to write something up and
 submit it in the next few days. In the meantime, I wanted to re-open this
 issue for discussion.

 Still interested in providing an updated patch for `add_theme_support()`?
 :)

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/22080#comment:26>