[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35500: Login page: user can change password on " " but can't log in with new password.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Apr 16 03:35:25 UTC 2016

#35500: Login page: user can change password on " " but can't log in with new
password.
------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  antonrinas              |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)            |      Status:  new
Changes (by voldemortensen):

 * keywords:  needs-patch => needs-patch close

Comment:

 I agree with @swissspidy here. I don't think its a common use case to set
 a password as a space (or even multiples spaces). And I don't think its a
 use case that should be supported. I don't think we should go out of our
 way to support passwords that are that insecure.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/35500#comment:3>