[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35379: update_network_option changes stored option value if sanitize_option detects error

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Apr 14 16:10:49 UTC 2016

#35379: update_network_option changes stored option value if sanitize_option
detects error
 Reporter:  thomaswm                             |       Owner:  jeremyfelt
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by codex-m):

 Thanks @flixos90 / @jeremyfelt for the update. I merged the final patch
 from this ticket #35698. Attached is the final patch (35379.3.diff) which
 is now a combination of the two patches. Basically it now illustrates the
 concept of adding `$context` which will have a value of 'network' for
 multisite implementation. And also the `$context_id` which will have the
 value of network ID when used with multisite. As suggested, I illustrated
 $context_id instead of $network_id for a more flexible implementation.

 I re-tested this manuall and also using our automated testing. Works
 great. This also fixes the original issue being reported in this ticket.
 The unit test to cover these changes is 35379_unit_test.2.diff (previously
 attached).

 Let me know what you think :)

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/35379#comment:12>