[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #36495: Use 2-digit x.x style for _doing_it_wrong() and _deprecated_function() calls

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Apr 13 02:46:28 UTC 2016

#36495: Use 2-digit x.x style for _doing_it_wrong() and _deprecated_function()
calls
----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  SergeyBiryukov  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |      Status:  new
Changes (by SergeyBiryukov):

 * focuses:   => docs

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:1 metodiew]:
 > Do we need to remove the 3rd digit for older version?

 Yes, previous instances should also be corrected. I've found some
 instances of 4.3.0, 4.2.0, and 4.1.0 as well.

 I see how it might be confusing though, as we do use 3-digit x.x.x style
 for `@since`, per the [https://make.wordpress.org/core/handbook/best-
 practices/inline-documentation-standards/php/ documentation standards],
 however for `_doing_it_wrong()` and `_deprecated_*()`, 2-digit x.x style
 seems to prevail.

 I guess we should standardize it one way or the other for
 `_doing_it_wrong()` and add a note to the handbook.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/36495#comment:2>