[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #36461: wpLink autocomplete results styles are not available when wp_editor() is used on front-end

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Apr 10 13:55:41 UTC 2016

#36461: wpLink autocomplete results styles are not available when wp_editor() is
used on front-end
 Reporter:  imath         |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  TinyMCE       |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 Hi,

 I'm not sure if WordPress should deal with this, but just in case it
 should, i've noticed for one of my plugin that uses the `wp_editor()` on
 front end that autocomplete results were looking a bit ugly. So i've fixed
 it at my level (see https://github.com/imath/wp-idea-stream/issues/56).

 But if WordPress should deal with this more globally. Here's the
 explanation, now the wpLink feature is using the jQuery Autocomplete UI to
 populate results, as the wp-admin/css/forms.css is only loaded in back-end
 results are looking pretty ugly on front-end...

 I suggest the attached patch, just in case.