[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #36446: Photos from DLSR rotating 90 degrees right in blog post but fine in post editor and media on WP

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Apr 8 01:04:58 UTC 2016

#36446: Photos from DLSR rotating 90 degrees right in blog post but fine in post
editor and media on WP
 Reporter:  rainybliss5   |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Media         |    Version:  4.4.2
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 I am new to wordpress and have only published a few new posts (the rest
 were imported from Blogger). I had a blog designer set up my blog, most of
 my plug-ins, etc. I noticed today that two-thirds of the photos on a
 recent post were rotated 90 degrees to the right on my blog. They are
 correct in the post editor and the media area of WP. The photos are also
 upright in the files on my computer. I am seeing this both in Chrome and
 on the mobile site. I tried deactivating Jetpack and the Photon unit of
 Jetpack (after searching for a solution in the forums) with no success.
 Most of the forums refer to this happening on mobile sites or on photos
 taken with a phone. These were taken with a Sony A65.