[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #36412: Custom Logo: Not able to "Skip Cropping" or crop non-square from small images.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Apr 7 07:00:41 UTC 2016

#36412: Custom Logo: Not able to "Skip Cropping" or crop non-square from small
images.
 Reporter:  mikeschroder                         |       Owner:  obenland
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  assigned
  testing                                        |

Comment (by obenland):

 Replying to [comment:24 azaozz]:
 > OK, I agree it is too late at this stage to fix the bigger things like
 forcing the user to crop an image when cropping is not necessary (when
 flex_width or flex_height is set, we can scale the whole image, no need of
 cropping), or the themes always having to set width and height even when
 they are then overridden with flex_width and/or flex height (code cannot
 handle not having width or height).

 I strongly disagree that these things are "bigger things" or a bug that
 needs fixing at all. This behavior has been tried and tested for years in
 Custom Header, and Logos just continue with it and keep both APIs alike.
 As I said in Slack, Theme authors would be a lot more confused if we
 changed how width/height and flex-* play together.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/36412#comment:26>