[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #34053: HTTP API (Curl backend) inappropriately sends Content-Length header on POST requests made through a proxy server CONNECT

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Sep 29 05:21:16 UTC 2015

#34053: HTTP API (Curl backend) inappropriately sends Content-Length header on POST
requests made through a proxy server CONNECT
 Reporter:  petertvs      |       Owner:

Comment (by dd32):

 This is a kind of wacky cURL behaviour.. but kind of makes sense.

 cURL has fixed this within the last year in 7.37.0, and now has an extra
 set of options to control the behaviour:

 http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER.html
 http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/CURLOPT_HEADEROPT.html

 Unfortunately, PHP's cURL handler doesn't appear to support these yet.
 https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=68176

 I'm not sure we should/want to remove the field, but it effectively breaks
 some proxy servers.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/34053#comment:1>