[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #29158: Customizer UI Design lacks contrast for visual hierarchy and does not match wp-admin

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Sep 26 21:17:57 UTC 2015

#29158: Customizer UI Design lacks contrast for visual hierarchy and does not match
wp-admin
 Reporter:  celloexpressions                     |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  assigned
Changes (by celloexpressions):

 * milestone:  Future Release => 4.4

Comment:

 We should fix the reorder-arrow focus in another ticket. Does anyone have
 further design or accessibility feedback here, or it is ready for commit?

 Due to current lack of design feedback and the need to fix the
 accessibility issues here, I think we should proceed with the scaled-down
 borders/icon approach in [attachment:29158.borders.diff], which is also
 testable with the Customizer UI Experiments plugin as noted above. Further
 improvements can be made in the future (including a potential ground-up
 redesign), but we need to fix the issues with the current design in the
 meantime and these changes are relatively low-impact. Note that the patch
 also fixes several inconsistencies with the use of borders in the UI, in
 addition to refining the focus styling.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/29158#comment:34>