[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #33909: The `home` option not equivalent to the WP_HOME constant value in multisite and single instance

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Sep 21 13:51:55 UTC 2015

#33909: The `home` option not equivalent to the WP_HOME constant value in multisite
and single instance
-----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  jlambe           |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  new

Comment (by fgirardey):

 I found two things about this problem :

 '''1) The single site installation process'''

 There is a problem with the
 [[https://core.trac.wordpress.org/browser/trunk/src/wp-
 includes/functions.php#L3801|wp_guess_url()]] function because it only
 relies on the '''WP_SITEURL''' constant. We need to introduce a way for
 the installation process to request the '''WP_HOME''' value in the
 [[https://core.trac.wordpress.org/browser/trunk/src/wp-
 admin/includes/schema.php#L344|populate_options()]] function.

 Maybe we can introduce an argument in that function to choose the type of
 URL we need (home or siteurl).

 '''2) The blog installation process'''

 When we install a new blog in a network, '''WP_SITEURL''' and
 '''WP_HOME''' are always the same which is wrong…

 For that case, it is a bit more complicated because it involves changes in
 the multisite installation process…

 ----

 Anyway if somebody want to work closer on that, let me know, i want to
 help :)

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/33909#comment:6>