[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #33917: Using wp_editor outside the post editor screen does not give oembed functionality

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Sep 17 19:18:41 UTC 2015

#33917: Using wp_editor outside the post editor screen does not give oembed
functionality
 Reporter:  mbootsman     |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Embeds        |    Version:  4.3
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 I want to use wp_editor in a admin screen to fill a dashboard widget.
 So I coded the following, expecting oembed to work out of the box:

 https://gist.github.com/mbootsman/892fd5841e59a6e6a077

 It appears the parse-embed AJAX call returns 'success: false' because
 there is a check for post_ID, and that post_ID is not there since I'm
 using the option API (get_option, update_option).

 I suspect this is unwanted behaviour, as the wp_editor can be used for
 more than only post content.