[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #33888: WP Test Suite utils: is_post_type_viewable() is used, but might not be defined

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Sep 15 21:40:04 UTC 2015

#33888: WP Test Suite utils: is_post_type_viewable() is used, but might not be
defined
------------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  tyxla             |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)      |      Status:  closed
Changes (by boonebgorges):

 * milestone:  Awaiting Review =>

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:3 jdgrimes]:
 > Replying to [comment:1 ocean90]:
 > > Why are you using the tests of trunk and not the tests from the
 specific branches?
 > Because the tests in trunk may have added sugar that isn't in the older
 branches. Yes, it may make more sense to test with the tests from the same
 branch, but this is currently the convention used across a wide range of
 plugins.

 I'm the author of a number of plugins that leverage core tests in the way
 described here. But  it's my responsibility as a plugin author to provide
 necessary shims/compat functions in cases where my tests need them. The
 alternative is for the core utils not to use new functions for a specified
 number of versions (how many? one? three?), which doesn't seem reasonable
 to me.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/33888#comment:4>