[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #33441: LastPass autofills generated password for a WP user with my account's password + other LastPass problems

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Sep 11 19:14:29 UTC 2015

#33441: LastPass autofills generated password for a WP user with my account's
password + other LastPass problems
---------------------------+---------------------------------
 Reporter:  TheLastCicada  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)   |      Status:  reopened
Changes (by jjeaton):

 * status:  closed => reopened
 * resolution:  worksforme =>

Comment:

 I'm able to reproduce this:

 Mac OS X 10.10.5
 Chrome 45.0.2454.85
 LastPass 3.2.29

 The only difference between my setup and @TheLastCicada's is the OS X
 version.

 I have this happen on the user-edit.php screen and on the reset password
 screen wp-login.php?action=rp. If I view generated password it's always my
 Lastpass password. If I reset my password the generated password is always
 my Lastpass password, but worst of all, if I edit another user (not
 myself), without changing their password, it changes their password to my
 password.

 A terrible screencast here: http://recordit.co/2V8gJzTOL7 showing this
 happening. I change one profile field, save, and then receive an email
 saying that the user reset their password (it gets reset to my password,
 which I verified by logging in with their username and my password).

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/33441#comment:8>