[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #33804: Improve error handling when creating a new site and the user couldn't be created

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Sep 10 12:25:19 UTC 2015

#33804: Improve error handling when creating a new site and the user couldn't be
created
--------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  ocean90             |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement         |     Status:  new
Component:  Networks and Sites  |    Version:
 Severity:  normal              |   Keywords:  needs-patch
  Focuses:  multisite           |
 > There was an error creating the user.
 Source: [source:trunk/src/wp-admin/network/site-new.php#L95]

 You'll see this message when creating a new site, the email doesn't exist
 but the domain exists as a username because it's used as a fallback.

 I think we should add a `username_exists()` check before calling
 `wpmu_create_user()` here.