[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #33786: The WP Admin bar secondary item tab's arrow, are opening in wrong direction in RTL sites.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Sep 9 10:40:03 UTC 2015

#33786: The WP Admin bar secondary item tab's arrow, are opening in wrong direction
in RTL sites.
 Reporter:  Ankit K      |       Owner:  netweb
  Gupta                  |      Status:  assigned
     Type:  defect       |   Milestone:  4.4
  (bug)                  |     Version:  4.3

Comment (by netweb):

 Replying to [comment:4 yoavf]:
 > @netweb - `swap-dashicons-left-right-arrows` expects double quotes.
 Right, thanks, also a couple more instances, patch and further details
 below.

 Per CSS Coding standards: https://make.wordpress.org/core/handbook/best-
 practices/coding-standards/css/#values
 * `Use double quotes rather than single quotes, and only when needed, such
 as when a font name has a space.`

 Patch
 [https://core.trac.wordpress.org/attachment/ticket/33786/33786.2.diff
 33786.2.diff] fixes all occurrences of single quotes, missing semi colon,
 or white space after the colon so that each instance is formatted per our
 coding standards e.g. `content: "\f139"; `

 The resulting patch
 [https://core.trac.wordpress.org/attachment/ticket/33786/33786.2.diff
 33786.2.diff] may any other day be seen as
 [https://make.wordpress.org/core/2011/03/23/code-refactoring/ “Code
 refactoring should not be done just because we can.” – Lead Developer
 Andrew Nacin] though in this case by normalising these instances we're
 able to accurately and dynamically search and replacing these values as
 part of our Grunt build process
 [https://core.trac.wordpress.org/browser/trunk/Gruntfile.js#L206 here]

 The results of this patch is many other instances not just the original
 reported instance where the dashicon had not been replaced by the RTL
 equivalent per our `Gruntfile.js` in our Grunt build tools.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/33786#comment:5>