[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #33134: Complex Nested Shortcodes Inside of Attributes Are Not Processed Left-to-Right

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Sep 8 23:03:25 UTC 2015

#33134: Complex Nested Shortcodes Inside of Attributes Are Not Processed Left-to-
Right
 Reporter:  miqrogroove   |       Owner:

Comment (by miqrogroove):

 The new function wp_placeholder_shortcodes() doesn't seem to do much
 differently from what we already have.  It's calling get_shortcode_regex()
 and then replacing the shortcodes.  So, this is much closer to the
 existing parser, with most of the same problems, compared to the algorithm
 I've outlined (which has its own problems too).  Tomorrow at the meeting
 we will discuss the future of HTML vs. shortcodes.  I'm not convinced it
 will be worth fixing this issue in the meantime, but I'm interested in
 other opinions.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/33134#comment:6>