[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #33621: If FORCE_SSL_ADMIN is true, the scheme of the siteurl option should reflect this

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Sep 2 01:13:08 UTC 2015

#33621: If FORCE_SSL_ADMIN is true, the scheme of the siteurl option should reflect
this
 Reporter:  johnbillion               |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)              |      Status:  new

Comment (by peterwilsoncc):

 Replying to [comment:7 johnbillion]:

 > Why would a user expect the URLs to match if `FORCE_SSL_ADMIN` is set to
 true but their home URL uses `http`? Displaying the incorrect scheme is
 the confusing behaviour.

 > Related: [28674]

 Because they changed it to match (HTTP) and the dashboard changed it back.
 I'm trying to think about how this affects the very new user, one that
 doesn't understand schemes.

 The common install is for both the WordPress and site URL to match, the
 codex describes it as such:

 > The Site address (URL) is identical to the WordPress address (URL)
 (above) unless you are giving WordPress its own directory.

 If the setting was admin URL, I'd feel differently about this.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/33621#comment:8>