[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #34196: Add image size between Medium and Large to better take advantage of Responsive Image support

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Oct 8 20:07:32 UTC 2015

#34196: Add image size between Medium and Large to better take advantage of
Responsive Image support
-------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  DH-Shredder  |       Owner:  DH-Shredder
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by mor10):

 Replying to [comment:12 melchoyce]:
 > Replying to [comment:9 DH-Shredder]:
 > > If you are a user, and you change theme, does having a size named
 `content-width` suggest that WordPress is (or should be) regenerating
 their `content-width` images for the new theme?

 > Yeah, that's what I'd assume. Would be cool if we could do it. :)

 IMO that is one of the requirements for Responsive Images to make sense in
 WordPress. We must supply the theme with an image sized to the theme, and
 when the user swaps themes, that size must be regenerated.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/34196#comment:14>