[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #32103: Customizer sanitizes data multiple times when options are served as Serialized Settings

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Oct 2 18:05:14 UTC 2015

#32103: Customizer sanitizes data multiple times when options are served as
Serialized Settings
 Reporter:  Air.                     |       Owner:  westonruter
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  accepted
  reporter-feedback                  |  performance

Comment (by wpweaver):

 Replying to [comment:18 westonruter]:
 > #34132 was marked as a duplicate

 I tested https://github.com/xwp/wordpress-develop/blob/trac-32103-preview-
 short-circuit/src/wp-includes/class-wp-customize-setting.php

 I get no difference at all. Still times out at 30 seconds execution using
 my simple example of 600 checkbox controls shown in #34132  - if I grabbed
 the wrong version, I apologize. I do not use github for my own stuff, so
 am not 100% sure I found the correct fixes.

 So, it STILL is taking forever to process the settings. I think the issue
 is more complex than addressed by the "fix".

 One of the culprits may be just fetching the theme options with
 get_option, which is filtered through the customizer a ton of times, and
 unserialized each time. It looks to me as if each and every time any
 option is fetched, this whole sequence is done.

 At any rate, as noted in my other issue, I am dead in the water trying to
 build a Customizer version of my theme as taking well over 20 seconds to
 refresh is simply not acceptable behavior for an end user.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/32103#comment:19>