[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #32199: Add Site, with Twenty Fifteen theme deleted, gives WSOD everywhere except Admin Panels

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri May 1 21:23:39 UTC 2015

#32199: Add Site, with Twenty Fifteen theme deleted, gives WSOD everywhere except
Admin Panels
--------------------------------+------------------------
 Reporter:  adiant              |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement         |      Status:  closed
Changes (by SergeyBiryukov):

 * status:  reopened => closed
 * resolution:   => duplicate

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:3 adiant]:
 > And also given the I.T. mindset that says "Delete all unnecessary
 Components to reduce Maintenance Costs", which is why it makes sense to a
 lot of people to delete the Twenty Fifteen theme, if they don't plan to
 use it.

 I'd argue that removing default themes is a bad practice, since they are
 often an integral part of troubleshooting if something goes wrong with the
 current theme.

 > I am suggesting that any one of the following be implemented:
 > 1) Error Message on "Front End" when WP_DEBUG set to TRUE, or
 > 2) Warning on top of each Admin panel on New Site

 See #21931.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/32199#comment:4>