[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #31698: Fields added via `attachment_fields_to_edit` filter not included in "Image Details" UI

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Mar 19 20:35:11 UTC 2015

#31698: Fields added via `attachment_fields_to_edit` filter not included in "Image
Details" UI
-----------------------------+----------------------------
 Reporter:  danielbachhuber  |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)     |     Status:  new
Component:  Media            |    Version:
 Severity:  normal           |   Keywords:  needs-patch
  Focuses:                   |
-----------------------------+----------------------------
 I can add a field to the Attachment Details UI via the
 `attachment_fields_to_edit` filter:

 {{{
 add_filter( 'attachment_fields_to_edit', function( $fields, $post ){
         $metadata = wp_get_attachment_metadata( $post->ID );
         if ( ! empty( $metadata['image_meta'] ) ) {
                 $fields['fusion_credit'] = array(
                         'label'              => esc_html__( 'Credit',
 'fusion' ),
                         'input'              => 'text',
                         'value'              =>
 $metadata['image_meta']['credit'],
                         );
         }
         return $fields;
 }, 10, 2 );
 }}}

 I'd expect this field would be appear in "Image Details" too, but it
 doesn't (ignore the credit in the caption field):

 [[Image(https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/zhizhxmpb7a27uf/2015-03-19%20at%201.33%20PM%20%281%29.png?dl=0)]]