[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #28699: \0 (backslash+zero) gets stripped from post content for users without "unfiltered_html"

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Mar 18 23:51:40 UTC 2015

#28699: \0 (backslash+zero) gets stripped from post content for users without
"unfiltered_html"
-----------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  azaozz                 |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)           |      Status:  new

Comment (by mdawaffe):

 `wp_kses_no_null( $string, $strip_slash_zero = true )` is a so-called
 "[http://ariya.ofilabs.com/2011/08/hall-of-api-shame-boolean-trap.html
 boolean trap]" and violates our coding standards:
 https://make.wordpress.org/core/handbook/coding-standards/php/#self-
 explanatory-flag-values-for-function-arguments.

 Other than that, I don't see any problems.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/28699#comment:23>