[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #32773: You cannot move Private nor Passworded posts to Draft. You must make them public first.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jun 24 03:30:10 UTC 2015

#32773: You cannot move Private nor Passworded posts to Draft. You must make them
public first.
 Reporter:  BrianLayman   |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Editor        |    Version:  4.2.2
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 This is an odd quirk of the editor and might be a security issue for some.
 However, there is no option from the main editor to move a post directly
 to draft status from Private nor from Passworded status.  I suspect you
 can trash the post first and then mark it as draft and maybe you could do
 it from the quick edit. In any case marking as draft should be able to be
 done from within the actual editor without the disclosure of private
 information.

 NOTE: This kinda is a security issue, but not in the way the check box is
 asking about.  It is procedural.  So I'm marking "I am not reporting a
 security issue."