[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35269: Check data type of wp_xmlrpc_server_class filter before instantiate wp_xmlrpc_server_class

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Dec 30 21:32:25 UTC 2015

#35269: Check data type of wp_xmlrpc_server_class filter before instantiate
wp_xmlrpc_server_class
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  onetarek         |      Owner:
     Type:  feature request  |     Status:  new
Component:  XML-RPC          |    Version:  4.4
 Severity:  normal           |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                   |
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 There is a filter 'wp_xmlrpc_server_class' in ./xmlrpc.php for a plugin to
 entirely replace the standard XML-RPC server implementation.

 For some case we want to entirely disable XML-RPC server. So we pass a
 FALSE value through the wp_xmlrpc_server_class filter. And it causes a
 Fatal error in xmlrpc.php
 To prevent this error we pass a fake class name that contains a blank
 method  serve_request.
 But it would better if there is a validity check of the return value of
 wp_xmlrpc_server_class filter.
 If the return value is not a valid class_name then $wp_xmlrpc_server_class
 will not be instantiated and process will be exit there.

 I have a patch for this.