[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35108: Responsive images blurry - srcset attribute doesn't include full size version

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Dec 16 12:57:30 UTC 2015

#35108: Responsive images blurry - srcset attribute doesn't include full size
version
------------------------------------------+------------------------
 Reporter:  nicasi                        |       Owner:  joemcgill
     Type:  defect (bug)                  |      Status:  accepted
Changes (by joemcgill):

 * keywords:   => needs-patch needs-unit-tests
 * status:  reviewing => accepted
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review => 4.4.1

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:4 nicasi]:
 > The funny thing is currently the browsers that don't support srcset do
 get the full resolution image via src. Only supporting browsers get the
 low resolution image which is kind of a bummer.

 Ah, of course. If the src was larger than 1600px we should probably
 include it regardless. We just don't want to upgrade anyone's image from
 an large intermediate to an uncompressed full size.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/35108#comment:5>