[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #16860: map_meta_cap use "manage_network_users" instead of is_super_admin for edit_users

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Apr 26 18:47:20 UTC 2015

#16860: map_meta_cap use "manage_network_users"  instead of is_super_admin for
edit_users
 Reporter:  sboisvert                |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement              |      Status:  new
  needs-testing                      |  multisite
Changes (by daniellandau):

 * keywords:  needs-patch dev-feedback => dev-feedback has-patch needs-
               testing

Comment:

 I need to give administrators in my site access to creating and editing
 users, but I don't want to give them super admin rights (e.g. I don't want
 them editing theme functions). I understand the need for a more thorough
 "network admin role", but for the time being these simple fixes do just
 the trick for me. If there is some security concern or similar that didn't
 cross my mind, I'd be happy to revise until something achieving the same
 effects is in acceptable form.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/16860#comment:5>