[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #32077: get_pages re-factor to reduce line-count, DRY up code & give more specific functions for some of it's main processes

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Apr 23 17:03:17 UTC 2015

#32077: get_pages re-factor to reduce line-count, DRY up code & give more specific
functions for some of it's main processes
------------------------------------------+--------------------------------
 Reporter:  LewisCowles                   |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                   |      Status:  new

Comment (by LewisCowles):

 Replying to [comment:5 wonderboymusic]:
 > +1 what @helen said - would be interested to see if this could be broken
 out into a generic class

 Do you mean querying post_types as a generic class? If not, then again it
 is a separate issue to pages and probably one step ahead of this issue in
 terms of where things are destined to go, but it's a leap... Either way
 definitely separate! I Think that despite pages being post types, as they
 are currently handled separately, what is there, needs a bit of a clean
 before popping onto anything else.

 There are other bits I would love to put into this, but as per the SVG
 functionality I tried to have pushed into the core #31973 to stop WP
 needing inefficient plugins to supplement it's limited file-type support,
 where I was told not to add upload types, and gallery fixes for displaying
 the added upload type in one issue. I have tried to not do this, and not
 include the Cutty Sark and her crew in patches; Now I feel like you are
 asking me to do this for this patch which is inconsistent.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/32077#comment:7>