[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #31149: Error Object of class stdClass could not be converted to int in ms-functions.php on line 1788

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Apr 7 04:00:45 UTC 2015

#31149: Error Object of class stdClass could not be converted to int in ms-
functions.php on line 1788
--------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  hauvong       |       Owner:  jeremyfelt
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  accepted
Changes (by jeremyfelt):

 * keywords:  has-patch dev-feedback => has-patch
 * status:  reviewing => accepted

Comment:

 The switch from retrieving an object (`$wpdb->get_row()`) to retrieving a
 string (`$wpdb->get_var()`) makes sense for 4.2. I'm hesitant to change
 the existing static behavior this late in a release, only because this bug
 went years without detection anyway. :)

 I'm going to commit the first part and create a new ticket for the update
 to `global_terms_enabled()` with unit tests for 4.3-early.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/31149#comment:10>