[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #29772: wp-admin/plugins.php should not load plugins so it can be used to disable broke activated plugins

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Sep 28 05:26:55 UTC 2014

#29772: wp-admin/plugins.php should not load plugins so it can be used to disable
broke activated plugins
 Reporter:  aubreypwd    |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
Component:  General      |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal       |   Keywords:
  Focuses:               |
 When I create a plugin that essentially has bad PHP I get an error on the
 site as expected, for both the site and `/wp-admin`. I think `wp-
 admin/plugins.php` should always load up without including plugins, so if
 there's a broke one, it can be de-activated by knowing you can navigate to
 `example.com/wp-admin/plugins.php` safely and deactivate the plugin.

 **What I Tested**

 Created this great plugin and activate it:

 {{{
 <?php

 /**
  * Plugin Name: Break Things