[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #29708: WordPress 4.0 decides whether the URL is http or httpS based on site environent

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Sep 25 00:12:23 UTC 2014

#29708: WordPress 4.0 decides whether the URL is http or httpS based on site
environent
--------------------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  cooperman                 |       Owner:  johnbillion
     Type:  defect (bug)              |      Status:  reviewing

Comment (by leetramp):

 I'm new to this "ticket" side of the forum, but wanted to report that I
 think I'm still having the same problem. I have tried logging in to my
 site using https:// as well as http://, and both give me the instant
 timeout (I log in, and by the time the password is accepted, I'm booted
 back to the login page).

 The site is running fine for "the public," the only problem is when we try
 to log in (a couple of us in different locations have tried with the same
 result).

 We are using Awardspace for hosting, and we have an SSL certificate with
 them.

 Thanks to everyone for all their work on this. This is the first Wordpress
 bug that I have not been able to find a fix for.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/29708#comment:10>