[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #27177: Child themes should inherit parent theme customizer settings on activation / switching

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Sep 23 17:51:45 UTC 2014

#27177: Child themes should inherit parent theme customizer settings on activation
/ switching
-------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  krogsgard    |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new

Comment (by cpres):

 Replying to [comment:5 tollmanz]:
 > Then, we could then have {{{get_theme_mod_parent}}}, which only ever
 gets a theme mod from a parent theme. Finally, {{{get_theme_mod}}} can
 continue to just get the option from the current theme's theme mod.

 +1

 I was hoping for this exact {{{get_theme_mod_parent}}} functionality for
 the child theme I'm working on. Losing the mods of the parent make
 children themes much less of children and more of their own themes with
 customizations needing to be built from scratch.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/27177#comment:8>