[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #29708: WordPress 4.0 decides whether the URL is http or httpS based on site environent

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Sep 20 15:44:30 UTC 2014

#29708: WordPress 4.0 decides whether the URL is http or httpS based on site
environent
 Reporter:  cooperman     |       Owner:
Changes (by johnbillion):

 * keywords:   => 2nd-opinion

Comment:

 This is indeed a result of [28610]. Altering `FORCE_SSL_ADMIN` won't
 affect this behaviour.

 I'm inclined to say that this is a server configuration issue. Your load
 balancer should be letting your web server know that this is an HTTPS
 request.

 If your load balancer is running Nginx then this is achieved with the
 `HTTPS` parameter of the `fastcgi_param` directive. With CloudFlare, I'm
 not sure which setting needs configuring but it should be straight
 forward.

 The question is, is this a common enough misconfiguration to warrant
 reverting [28610]?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/29708#comment:4>