[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #29613: Arbitrary Customizer control input type support can cause unexpected output in custom controls

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Sep 18 04:46:00 UTC 2014

#29613: Arbitrary Customizer control input type support can cause unexpected output
in custom controls
------------------------------+-------------------------------
 Reporter:  celloexpressions  |       Owner:  celloexpressions
     Type:  defect (bug)      |      Status:  assigned
Changes (by celloexpressions):

 * keywords:  needs-patch => has-patch

 `<input>` element, to avoid rendering stuff in unexpected situations. It's
 way less elegant, but since there was a change in behavior here, something
 we should consider. I'm surprised WordPress.com didn't run into this,
 given some of the custom controls they have. The whitelist is based on the
 type attribute values listed here: http://www.w3.org/TR/html51/forms.html
 #the-input-element.

 I don't know that I would want to change this after 4.0.1, as devs will
 start expecting/relying on the current way it works, especially in the
 context of potential future improvements like #29572.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/29613#comment:4>