[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #23133: Display a warning in the admin if cron tasks fail due to blocked HTTP requests

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Sep 18 04:39:39 UTC 2014

#23133: Display a warning in the admin if cron tasks fail due to blocked HTTP
requests
 Reporter:  prb22public@…             |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement               |      Status:  new

Comment (by loushou):

 Hey there. I added a possible patch for this. The patch, twice a day, does
 a check to see if the server allows internal requests back to itself. If
 it does, we use the normal cron method. If it does not, then we force it
 to use the alternative method, and we pop an error in the admin showing
 that we are forcing the Alternate Cron method. We probably need someone to
 come up with some proper verbiage for the message if we are sticking to
 using a message here. If not, the check still does work, and could be used
 to force alternate cron as a fallback, without a message.

 Loushou

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/23133#comment:10>