[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #29626: Ability to set ABSPATH to something else then the directory where wp-load.php is

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Sep 11 18:20:12 UTC 2014

#29626: Ability to set ABSPATH to something else then the directory where wp-
load.php is
 Reporter:  mark-k       |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
Component:  General      |    Version:
 Severity:  normal       |   Keywords:
  Focuses:               |
 I think that it is really a regression, but since it is probably happened
 long ago I might as well call it an enhancement now.

 I want to be able to set ABSPATH to
 {{{
 $_SERVER['document_root']
 }}}
 which will help me with some complex symlink games I am trying to play,
 but there is no way to do that as ABSPATH is unconditionally defined in
 wp-load.php.

 BTW wp-config-sample.php still includes code that defines ABSPATH.