[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #29165: customize_preview_$setting->id action should be customize_preview_$setting->type

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Sep 5 21:31:35 UTC 2014

#29165: customize_preview_$setting->id action should be
customize_preview_$setting->type
------------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  celloexpressions  |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement       |      Status:  new

Comment (by celloexpressions):

 Replying to [comment:8 nacin]:
 > Is two hooks having the same base of `customize_preview_*` a collision
 issue?
 I doubt it. You would have to have a setting id that matches the type of
 another setting. I see that as being pretty rare; the only situation it
 might happen is if a particular setting has an id that matches its type.
 But then any filters they add would just run twice, which shouldn't be an
 issue. But the setting type should refer to the way the data's being
 stored (`theme_mod`, `option`, `nav_menu` (as in the taxonomy), etc.),
 whereas the id should be specific to the purpose of a given option.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/29165#comment:9>