[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #30467: 4.1 Distraction free fails for Editor to edit other posts by authors, contributors, but fine with Administrator role

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Nov 23 19:52:54 UTC 2014

#30467: 4.1 Distraction free fails for Editor to edit other posts by authors,
contributors, but fine with Administrator role
-------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  LPH2005            |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  new
Changes (by rachelbaker):

 * keywords:   => reporter-feedback

Comment:

 I wasn't able to reproduce any of these on WP 4.1 beta 2- r30532 using the
 Twentyfifteen theme.

 These are the steps I followed trying to reproduce the issues reported:

 Logged in as user with editor role
 - confirmed I could edit a post submitted for review a contributor user.
 - confirmed I could publish the edited post from the contributor user.
 - confirmed I could create a new post, type, and view the content within
 the visual editor as expected.

 Logged in as user with contributor role
 - confirmed I could create a new post and was unable to publish the post,
 I was only able to submit for review as expected.

 LPH2005, could a plugin or theme you have installed be causing these
 issues?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/30467#comment:1>