[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #30450: Focus V2: Separate out the DFW button from the rest of the TinyMCE editor buttons

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Nov 22 20:05:35 UTC 2014

#30450: Focus V2: Separate out the DFW button from the rest of the TinyMCE editor
buttons
------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  sharonaustin      |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement       |      Status:  new
  feedback                    |
------------------------------+--------------------------------------------

Comment (by joedolson):

 For clarity, the DFW button *is* focusable, but it suffers from the same
 focus order issue that is global to all the editor buttons, in that the
 controls are skipped over when tabbing forward, so it can only be reached
 by tabbing backwards after entering the editor.

 However, the DFW mode is disabled immediately on exiting the editor, so a
 single tab forward from the editor should disable it.

 The DFW button is only for disabling whether or not the mode will
 automatically turn on, not for turning it on and off, unlike the old DFW,
 so I'm not convinced that this is necessary.

 This ticket raises a question for me:

 Does DFW mode fail to turn itself off in this environment when the user
 tabbed forward after writing their post? If so, knowing more about the
 environment would be helpful.

 Otherwise, I think it's just a learning question, knowing that the way out
 of DFW is to simply press tab.

 From that perspective, I think that the 'tab' key is already the keyboard
 shortcut for disabling DFW, although it doesn't disable the mode entirely,
 just the active behavior of the mode.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/30450#comment:4>