[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #24352: It is not obvious what does "Edit" mean in the info (bottom) part of the media selection window

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Nov 19 18:29:47 UTC 2014

#24352: It is not obvious what does "Edit" mean in the info (bottom) part of the
media selection window
 Reporter:  mark-k                   |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  new
  dev-feedback                       |  javascript
Changes (by adamsilverstein):

 * focuses:  javascript => accessibility, javascript

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:9 ericlewis]:
 > Have we discussed getting rid of this part of the interface? I see it as
 more confusion-causing than problem-solving.

 > It is a UI element that's primary utility (removing attachments from the
 selection) is a duplicating functionality in the attachments browser . The
 secondary utility of it (reordering attachments) seems unuseful enough to
 jettison as well.

 That seems reasonable, unless there is some back compat reason to keep it?
 One big concern is that the current main screen where you bulk select
 images (from post->insert media) is not accessible - its very difficult to
 select images and add/remove them from a group selection.

 To see what I mean, try selecting a group of images with only your
 keyboard - selecting a group is pretty easy - one click on the first
 image, then a shift click on the last image to select a range. Now, try
 deselecting images - you can't! actioning the check/minus _removes_ the
 image (not the same) and actioning an image selects it, deselecting the
 rest.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/24352#comment:10>