[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #28032: Headers, Backgrounds, and Widgets in the Customizer are not discoverable from their separate admin screens.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Nov 13 06:27:37 UTC 2014

#28032: Headers, Backgrounds, and Widgets in the Customizer are not discoverable
from their separate admin screens.
-------------------------------------+---------------------------------
 Reporter:  topher1kenobe            |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement              |      Status:  new
Changes (by celloexpressions):

 * keywords:  has-patch commit => has-patch needs-refresh

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:26 westonruter]:
 > Shouldn't `autofocus[section]` be replaced with `autofocus[control]`?
 There's no guarantee that the section will be present, or the control may
 be moved to another section.
 Yeah, that'd probably be safer.

 > Also, the cap check for `customize` is redundant because if the user
 cannot, then the `hide-if-no-customize` class will remain in force.
 `hide-if-no-customize` is just based on the JS checks for Customizer
 support, right? That being said, users should be able to access the
 Customizer equivalents if they can see these pages, so we shouldn't need
 the cap checks.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/28032#comment:27>