[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #26167: Plugin activation links need to contain plugin name and the "Plugin" column should be marked as row header

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Nov 12 17:36:36 UTC 2014

#26167: Plugin activation links need to contain plugin name and the "Plugin" column
should be marked as row header
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  grahamarmfield  |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement     |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by arush):

 Replying to [comment:20 afercia]:
 > Double checked and yes, I definitely agree with @bramd:
 > > I've also sneaked in another little change that marks the ~~column~~
 (cell) containing the plugin name as row header (<th>) instead of the
 checkbox which is more appropriate.
 > Patch n. 1 gets it right, the issue is in the following patches: the
 attribute `scope="row"` was moved back from the `th` to the `td` which is
 semantically incorrect and also not valid HTML. But I definitely agree:
 the relevant information here is the plugin name, so that should be used
 as row header. I guess the CSS issue about row colors can be fixed.

 > One more thing worries me here and in all the other similar tables: the
 "Select All" checkbox used as column header. This way, for each checkbox
 in each row, you will hear something like:
 > > row 2  Select All   column 1
 > > Select {plugin name}  check box  not checked
 >
 > which provides a wrong information, you're not going to "Select All" but
 to select just that single plugin.
 > I would propose to don't use the "Select All" as column header.
 >
 > At this point, I'm wondering if moving the whole "checkboxes" column as
 last column in the table would be beneficial. Any thoughts more than
 welcome.

 I think moving the checkboxes to the last column would be beneficial.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/26167#comment:21>