[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #26167: Plugin activation links need to contain plugin name and the "Plugin" column should be marked as row header

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Nov 12 15:26:03 UTC 2014

#26167: Plugin activation links need to contain plugin name and the "Plugin" column
should be marked as row header
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  grahamarmfield  |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement     |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by afercia):

 Double checked and yes, I definitely agree with @bramd:
 > I've also sneaked in another little change that marks the ~~column~~
 (cell) containing the plugin name as row header (<th>) instead of the
 checkbox which is more appropriate.
 Patch n. 1 gets it right, the issue is in the following patches: the
 attribute `scope="row"` was moved back from the `th` to the `td` which is
 semantically incorrect and also not valid HTML. But I definitely agree:
 the relevant information here is the plugin name, so that should be used
 as row header. I guess the CSS issue about row colors can be fixed.

 One more thing worries me here and in all the other similar tables: the
 "Select All" checkbox used as column header. This way, for each checkbox
 in each row, you will hear something like:
 > row 2  Select All   column 1
 > Select {plugin name}  check box  not checked

 which provides a wrong information, you're not going to "Select All" but
 to select just that single plugin.
 I would propose to don't use the "Select All" as column header.

 At this point, I'm wondering if moving the whole "checkboxes" column as
 last column in the table would be beneficial. Any thoughts more than
 welcome.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/26167#comment:20>